Re: [ARSCLIST] Audio History In a Nutshell?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Matt Sohn" <mahatma57@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> The CDA file doesn't contain any audio, thet's why it is so small. It is a
> track marker which is used by the player to point to where the audio data is
> stored on the disc. It is a pointer in the same way that a shortcut on your
> desktop is a pointer to an application or file.

Question...! Am I correct in assuming that the actual digits to which these
pointers "point" are NOT the actual audio content as sampled each 44.1th
of a second...but, rather, digits which have to be converted (digitally)
to those "sonic content" bits?

Steven C. Barr
(Unlike, say, a 78 groove...whose path actually follows the same path
as a representation of the sonic waveform recorded thereon...?!)