Re: [ARSCLIST] Audio History In a Nutshell?

Mapleson Cylinders come to mind. The first appeared as 78 dubs before the War. Richter has the complete cylinders on CD ROM as MP3s. Remember also that Pathe discs were dubbed from master cylinders.

SA

----- Original Message ----- From: "Aaron Levinson" <aaron.levinson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, December 04, 2007 3:05 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Audio History In a Nutshell?

Does anyone know of a single recording that started life as a cylinder migrated to 78 went over to Microgroove eventually ended up on CD and finally is now offered as an mp3? I'm sure such a thing must exist and I'm equally someone on this list knows what it is. I'm not at all sure why this thought came to me last night at 1:00 as a I lay in bed. But the true beauty of the internet is that the next morning I can post this very question instead of torturing myself for the rest of my natural life in the twilight of uncertainty.

AA