Re: [ARSCLIST] Audio History In a Nutshell?

On 07/12/07, Steven C. Barr(x) wrote:

> I'm not the expert here, by any means...but it seems to me that if you
> are speaking of putting the musical content of an MP3 file onto a CD
> as its content...the CD content would be a much-expanded set of bits/
> bytes which actually contain the same sonic content as did the MP3
> (since you can't recreate anything lost during the "MP3-ization" of
> the audio...?!).

MP3s can be put onto CDs either as MP3 files, on a data CD, or by
expending them to uncompressed WAV or AIFF files (16.44.1) and using the
burner software to create an audio CD.

Some burner software can expand MP3s on the fly.

Current consumer players that accept DVDs, CD, SACDs, etc can often read
and play from a data CD full of MP3s. They can even handle a simple
directory structure (about what you could put on a DOS floppy disk).

Regards
--
Don Cox
doncox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx