Re: [ARSCLIST] Audio History In a Nutshell?

Mike,
 You wrote,
Howard Friedman wrote:
> Steven,
>
> Well, now we seem to be going in reverse, i.e., MP3 from the hard drive to CDA on a CD.  Now don't hold me to that thought, it's just an expression.  But I do know that the Nero program has a feature called JukeDisc, in which one can store as much as 700 MB.  I have put the complete Beethoven 32 piano sonatas onto one CD, for a total of537 min 41 sec, with a total MP3 size of just over 500MB.  I have also been able to put 213 Caruso recordings onto a single CD for over 700 minutes. How does Nero do that, if not by some sort of compression?
> My file program says that the first CD contains 505 MB in 32 files, the second one 709MB in 219 files.  It also identifies the file type on such discs as MP3!

Again, we've been through this. What you have on those CD-ROMs is MP3
files; suitable hardware will play them much as it would play a
conventional audio CD (CD-DA). As you note, that permits you to store
more than 80 minutes of audio on a CD-R which for CD-DA would hold on 80
minutes.

Understood!

Howard