Re: [ARSCLIST] Audio History In a Nutshell?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Howard Friedman" <hsf318@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Matt,
> Whew!  That's way over my head, but thanks anyway.  But don't even try to
explain it further, I would betotally lost.  All I know is, I can copy CDA files
to my hard drive through Windows Media Player, and they end up as MP3 files.  I
have a program WinNC.NET which used to do the same thing when I wanted to COPY
from CD to Hard drive, but it seems to have lost that feature.

Windows Media Player presumably has, either as a standard feature or as a
default setting, the capability to take an input audio signal and copy it
as an MP3 file (as opposed to a .WAV file).

Right now, I'm trying to get my 78 player (an old Viking "record player"
with three speeds, and the ceramic cartridge output redirected to the
"Line In" jack on my sound card) to provide a signal which I can then
convert (presumably, anyway) into .mp3 or .wav sound files...next job
is converting 50,000 78's (or 100,000 sides...!) into digital form...
IF I live that long, anyway...?!