Re: [ARSCLIST] Audio History In a Nutshell?

You mean reading the ones and zeros,like in the new "Futurama" movie ?

                                        Roger

"Steven C. Barr(x)" <stevenc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Okeh...question (for anyone who can answer it...?!)...

Is there ANY way to look at the digital content (the actual bits in byte
form) that are on an audio CD? Obviously, they wouldn't tell you much,
since they are NOT the actual sound content (until processed by various
algorithms)...but, for example, I can use DOSSHELL to look at the bytes
on any floppy disk or hard drive...but it won't/can't show me the
digital data present on an audio CD...!

If this is a digital entity, it stands to reason it must have digital
data on it...as well, sequences of bits HAVE to form bytes (whether
or not the data is in byte form, right?)...

Steven C. Barr
(executable files are displayed as effectively meaningless sequences
of digital characters using DOSSHELL...)