[ARSCLIST] Computer choice and pricing (was Re: [ARSCLIST] Preservation media WAS: Cataloguing still :-))

steven c wrote:

Well, personally, the ready availability of "not quite new" Wintel
machines at affordable prices has so far kept me in that "camp."

We "po' fo'kses" have to buy what's cheap (in many areas!) rather
than what might be best...

CompUSA here (Los Angeles) is selling a capable HP Wintel computer for $100 after rebates. Brand new and, while low end today, it would have been state of the art a couple of years ago.

No OS listed, but not likely to be XP at that price. <G>

Mike
--
mrichter@xxxxxxx
http://www.mrichter.com/