To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, September 03, 2006 8:35 AM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Preservation media WAS: Cataloguing still :-)

Thansk. I hope this isn't too off topic for people!

I use Protools and Peak - and nothing I know of will edit the final MP3
encoded files, which is why I asked. PT will make regions, and those
can be read as tracks on CD burning, but i don't know if it will with
MP3 encoding.  I'll find out!

Audible was innovative, but they were so slow getting to Macs and the
audio so abiminable was why I stopped them after one try. If they make
MP3s from cassettes no wonder! But they did not use their best encoding
for a very long time, so lost my business permanently. But I like
producing audiobooks, not usually listening to them that much. And yes,
few can afford it except the major publishers who no longer hire
freelancers such as me... Their loss!

<L>

Lou Judson • Intuitive Audio
415-883-2689