Re: [ARSCLIST] Preservation media WAS: Cataloguing still :-)

I am definitely NOT trying reinvent the mac-pc wars - I just learned the Mac because of Protools being brought in to the studio where I worked - and in those days 16 years ago, all professional audio was done on Macs, until gradually windows learned how to do it - but that is my personal jaundiced folklore, and points of view exist. I totally agree that there is a wider range of sound applications for Windows, I understand indirectly, but Macs were the exclusive domains of the first and (arguably) best, Digidesign's Protools, for quite some time in the 20th Century. Now many audio apps run on both - and the new Macs can run windows natively (or soon will) so I have to admit I still like Beta videotape... heh heh. When I have to adapt to Windows I'll still be using a Mac I'll bet, as my upgrade plans are sluggish and by the time I replace mine they will be quite different.

The best audio engineer I know personally has switched to PC for its stability a few years ago and never looked back. I'm only interested in the range of applications that let me do what I need to do!

Lou Judson • Intuitive Audio
415-883-2689