Re: [ARSCLIST] Preservation media WAS: Cataloguing still :-)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lou Judson" <loujudson@xxxxxxx>
> For my personal use (listening copies on iPod) I use Apple's AAC or M4a
> encoding, and am happy with it - far happier than in the
> cassette-for-the-car days!

Well, the "Apple vs. Wintel" battle appears to be carried on with
the same intensity...if not more...than the equally inevitable
"Ford vs. Chevy" battles of my youthful days!

However, judging from what I have read on e-mail lists (including
advocates from both sides), the general view seems to be that Macs
(and their other Apple relatives) are far-and-away preferable for
graphics operations...but simply don't have the range of sound
applications that Mr. Gates & Co. do...?!

However, I should note that while I'm not yet "deef as a post,"
age, a dubious past and a number of unfortunate events about the
cranium have somewhat reduced the accuracy of my hearing...so
whadda I know?!