Re: [ARSCLIST] CD writing speed

Here's a question I've been thinking about since attending a mix session at a local major studio. I don't know if it applies in quite the same way to PC as we only use Macs in audio ("we" being everybody I know personally and professionally)... I usually use 16x as the burn speed, and Toast for Macs has an option called "best" - I had not used it before as it displays a remaining time but takes significantly longer than the time shown, which made me think it doesn't know what is "best" at all... Yet the engineer at the studio said he always uses the "best" setting as he thinhks it uses whatever is the optimum burn speed for the burner and the media. I wonder if he is right - does anyone here know, or is anyone on this list even using Macs and Toast?

Basically I am curious what is "the fastest optimum speed" and how do you know it is??

I get excellent results at 16x and may just keep using it...

Lou Judson • Intuitive Audio
415-883-2689