Re: [ARSCLIST] Lossy compression losing quality (was Re: [ARSCLIST] Pristine Audio and the Milllennials . . .)

Howard do you have a reputable editor such as Sound Forge (with the Frauenhoffer MP3 license)? There's included in the package a utility called "Batch Converter" that'll save you an incredible amount of time reformatting the MP3s to .wav files.

Mark Durenberger

----- Original Message ----- From: "Howard Friedman" <hsf318@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, December 11, 2007 11:36 AM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Lossy compression losing quality (was Re: [ARSCLIST] Pristine Audio and the Milllennials . . .)

Richard,

You're right, space is cheap. I recently got a 300GB external drive for $100, that should hold about 10,000 WAV tracks! What happens when I convert MP3 files to WAV? I assume the loss is already there?

Well, as someone said, and it may have been you, I've got 250 audio CDs to Rip to WAV, that are already in MP3 format. Luckily, Ripping doesn't take nearly the time it takes to play the track.

Thanks,

Howard