Re: [ARSCLIST] Pristine Audio and the Milllennials . . .

Plastic Victrola needles? Please, tell us more.
M Rockwell

*******

Mike Richter wrote:
Don Cox wrote:
On 08/12/07, Gary R. Boye wrote:

Second, I worry that the 78s that I have in near mint condition will
be worn out on the Victrola. I demo them on the portable electric tube
player, which also lets them hear the difference between a radio-like
setup over an acoustic one. Maybe one play on the Victrola wouldn't
hurt? Otherwise, I play major label pop music on the hand-cranker.

One play on the Victrola could do significant damage. Perhaps using a
thorn rather than a steel needle would help.

Only if you have a means for getting the resin out of the groove! There are plastic needles available that offer similar sound, less damage and no debris.

Mike