From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
[mailto:ARSCLIST@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of D P Ingram
Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2007 2:18 AM
To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ARSCLIST] MATRIX numbers

Hello all.

(Sorry for the large number of posts today ... keeping things
separate to help digest members).

As part of a cataloguing idea I am trying to sketch out some
schematics.  Could somebody kindly explain/clarify something for me?

One record release can have several matrix numbers dependent on when
it was produced? Would it be acceptable for a catalogue to associate
several matrixes to the main track information (i.e. artist, album)
rather than create several annoying versions of the self same record?
I appreciate one should keep the catalogue number unique as different
"mixes" and versions could appear for different territories and
markets but would it be acceptable to associate the different
matrixes to the one catalogue number where known.

Many thanks in advance ! Darren Ingram