Re: [ARSCLIST] MP3 player for public

Something like a Wikipedia for recorded works yet with oversight necessary
for any posts or changes?

-----Original Message-----
From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
[mailto:ARSCLIST@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of D P Ingram
Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2007 1:41 AM
To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] MP3 player for public

On 23 apr 2007, at 08.14, Steven C. Barr(x) wrote:
> The "Abrams files" are a set of text-based data files compiled
> by Steve Abrams, which provide label/number/matrix/credited
> artist for about 300,000 78rpm phonorecord sides, give/take.
> They do NOT include classical-series phonorecords...and their
.... Thank you for this information. I am slowly developing the idea
of a music catalogue for audiophiles and collectors that would
require tight data entry controls to ensure integrity of materials
and either "sight of record" or many sources to corroboate the
information.   But each time I pause for breath the project expands
and the technology demands seem to rise.   It is growing out of a
need to catalogue over 100,000 records as there are certainly many
duplicates there and it is getting hard to remember what one has and
what one doesn't have.

As many sources of information to piece a jigsaw together are good.

> However, they provide a foundation on which to construct the
> ultimate 78rpm database...a list of EVERY 78rpm disc ever issued...!

Out of interest, what to you constitutes the ultimate database other
than every disk issued? Other than the usual track/matrix/artist
information ?

Many thanks, Darren Ingram