[ARSCLIST] MATRIX numbers

Hello all.

(Sorry for the large number of posts today ... keeping things separate to help digest members).

As part of a cataloguing idea I am trying to sketch out some schematics. Could somebody kindly explain/clarify something for me?

One record release can have several matrix numbers dependent on when it was produced? Would it be acceptable for a catalogue to associate several matrixes to the main track information (i.e. artist, album) rather than create several annoying versions of the self same record? I appreciate one should keep the catalogue number unique as different "mixes" and versions could appear for different territories and markets but would it be acceptable to associate the different matrixes to the one catalogue number where known.

Many thanks in advance ! Darren Ingram