Re: [ARSCLIST] MP3 player for public

----- Original Message -----
From: "Laura Mundee" <lauramundee@xxxxxxxxx>
> iPods don't have to use proprietary file formats - that is a common
> misconception.  They play .mp3, for example, just fine, and I do it
> all the time.  The proprietary files are just the ones bought from
> the iTunes store.

Okeh...I was, at least, half-right! Were I to acquire an iPod, it
could play anything digital I threw at it...but not everything it
could play could be played by non-Apple devices...!

Now, what we need is a "dot-78" sound-file format...which compacts
files by eliminating unused bandwidth (select "Electric" or
"Acoustic" from the menu...), has a maximum duration of seven or
eight minutes (for 12" "extended-play" Columbias) and automatically
connects to the "Abrams Files" or a similar database to retrieve
information about the shellac disc being added...!