Re: [ARSCLIST] discography of "direct-to-disk revival"?

OK, no offense but anyone who hears "perfect sound" on 78 has tin ears! That medium is low-fidelity by any serious definition. The only reason I can see listening to a 78 is if the performance is so to your taste that you can imagine it sounding good -- because what's coming off those grooves ain't near sounding good!

-- Tom Fine

----- Original Message ----- From: "phillip holmes" <insuranceman@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, September 22, 2006 8:10 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] discography of "direct-to-disk revival"?

Perfect sound forever (unlike CD, they may actually last forever).

steven c wrote:
----- Original Message ----- From: "David Lennick" <dlennick@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Norman Field, over on 78-L, has referred a couple of times to a trad jazz

band

recording for a British label that had decided to produce its first LP and
hadn't acquired any tape equipment yet, so that was D2D in 1950!

Well, I have thousands of direct-to-disc recordings...all 78's!