To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, September 22, 2006 8:10 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] discography of "direct-to-disk revival"?

Perfect sound forever (unlike CD, they may actually last forever).

steven c wrote:
----- Original Message ----- From: "David Lennick" <dlennick@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Norman Field, over on 78-L, has referred a couple of times to a trad jazz

band

recording for a British label that had decided to produce its first LP and
hadn't acquired any tape equipment yet, so that was D2D in 1950!

Well, I have thousands of direct-to-disc recordings...all 78's!