[ARSCLIST] flash recorders

OK, this is called the "basics" column, so maybe not enough techno info for many, but here's a little intro piece on flash recorders.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/09/21/technology/21basics.html?_r=1&th=&oref=slogin&emc=th&pagewanted=all

BTW, just as CF cards have come down about 50% in price in the last 12 months, I think now that this is an established market, the next generation will be substantially cheaper. I could see something akin to the M-Audio costing $150 eventually.

BTW2, what's the news on Apple? A recording iPod soon? Two cool possibilites: 1) a "recorder pod" that is a cradle with a stereo mic, line input and record-control buttons. Recorder would allow WAV or ALF or Apple MP4 formats. 2) a "DVR pod" that is a cradle that hooks to a digital camera via firewire and allows 60 gigs of recording space for video.

-- Tom Fine