Re: [ARSCLIST] CD Longevity (was Vinegar syndrome audio tapes [ARSCLIST] Memorex CDs and more)

At 04:14 PM 1/21/2006, Bob Conrad wrote:

Are there any users of MAM-A Gold Archive out there that would like to comment on their experience with this product?
Bob,

I don't use the gold archive from MAM-A but I do use the gold disc from the same runs. They claim the gold archive is the best of the best, but it's all made on the same line. I can't seem to get the gold archive here in Canada easily.

Anyway, I've used the gold since probably 1999. I had several hundred Tayio Yuden golds and they did not play reliably in as many CD players as the Mitsuis. Also, reports of faster deterioration of the TY started to surface at that time (under accelerated tests). I switched and have burned thousands. I wish there was an equivalent life recordable/writable DVD.