Re: [ARSCLIST] Joan Baez first lp (was Copyright of treasures)

At 05:09 PM 10/10/2005, Thomas Stern wrote:
These recordings recorded in San Francisco under contract were issued by Fantasy in mono and stereo editions, I think the Bear Family lp was mono. Does anyone know if the original recordings were done in stereo, or was the fantasy "electronic stereo"???

My notes on this album say:

Fantasy 5015 85015 (elec reprocessed)

I think that's taken from the copy I bought from a dealer that I've never listened to because UPS folded it in half. They paid for it and I subsequently got a copy that was pristine mono for less <smile>.

Cheers,

Richard

Richard L. Hess richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Aurora, Ontario, Canada http://www.richardhess.com/