Re: [ARSCLIST] Collectables Records

It's not live material but 78 reissues that were in question.

Steve Smolian

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tom Fine" <tflists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, October 10, 2005 7:40 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Collectables Records

Hi Steven:

What do you mean "it did not license"? They are certainly not flying under
anyone's RADAR (see their extensive and festively-colored website)! What got
me interested is that they recently reissued a Duke Ellington album done at
my father's studio in 1962 and 63, for Reprise Records, certainly not some
fly-by-night with no lawyers. I find it pretty hard to believe they don't
have an agreement with Warner to release that CD, but stranger things have
happened. The material was already released in 1999 on the WEA box set of
Ellington's Reprise recordings.

-- Tom Fine

----- Original Message ----- From: "Steven Smolian" <smolians@xxxxxxxxx>