Re: [ARSCLIST] Dry Tape Squeal (was Sony PR-150 squeal)

I've spent some time searching the archives in Google and on the Stanford
site (some of the URLs Google had were missing from the Stanford site).

In any event, we've had these discussions about lubricants.

Marie O'Connell's trick of Isopropynal worked for me this time. I'm going
to continue experimenting with various flavors of graphite. I'm wondering
what the current thoughts on the silicone lubricants are--or if any other
lubricant has been tried.

Steve Smolian? Graham Newton? Ed Falk?

Reports? Progress?

Would 3M silicone spray be equal to the GE stuff?

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&Product_ID=10170&DID=7 for
example? or page 7 of
http://multimedia.mmm.com/mws/mediawebserver.dyn?vvvvvvdbnGJvPZwvIZwvvvBcA2QtWd5U-

This is listed as an FDA approved indirect food additive...but is it OK for
tapes.

Yes, I know -- all things in moderation.

Cheers,

Richard