Re: [ARSCLIST] Sony PR-150 squeal

At 09:48 AM 5/13/2003 -0400, you wrote:

We have been baking tape reels at 125F for 5-8 hours.  We just did
about 30-35 in March and transferred them fairly immediately.  Only
had to redo one (there's one in every crowd).  Put them on metal
reels at playback speed, not fast-anything, and put an empty reel in
between the full ones, for air circulation.  Let them cool down for at
least the same time period as you bake them.

Sue, that's interesting.

How did you wind the tapes? The ones that I have seen that needed baking
the most wouldn't wind at play speed over anything.

Cheers,

Richard