[ARSCLIST] Recording 1 7/8 at 3 3/4

I have several tapes in our collection that were recorded at 1 7/8 IPS. Our
playback machine's slowest speed is 3 3/4 IPS. I have been transferring
these tapes at 3 3/4 and slowing them down in the computer using DartPro98
software. Seth Winner was here last week to drop off some acetates and when
I mentioned what I had been doing, he pointed out that the playback
equalization would be off using this method. He did not, however, tell me
how I could correct the problem. can anyone here help?

Matthew Sohn
Audio Preservationist
Louis Armstrong House and Archives
mahatma@xxxxxx