Re: [ARSCLIST] Recording 1 7/8 at 3 3/4

From: Patent Tactics, George Brock-Nannestad

Richard Hess was first off the mark in responding to Matt Sohn, and
the approach is good, however, let's get the old war-horse off the
ground: azimuth, azimuth, azimuth (Arabic in origin, no?). If you
lose high frequencies by not getting your reproducing gap parallel to
the the imprint left on the tape by recording gap on the original 1
7/8 machine, then it is not worth worrying about EQ.

In the 1960s I used to record a lot off air and then copy it onto
thematic tapes. In order to save time I did all editing at double
speed (I had two UHER 4000 Reports, still use one of them), and I got
quite good at understanding speech so that I could edit according to
the announcements. However after a week of that one summer, I could
not sleep at night any more. Mickey Mouse was everywhere.

Kind regards,

George