Re: [ARSCLIST] U-matic audio mastering

Sony 1610 / 1630

-----Original Message-----
From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
[mailto:ARSCLIST@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Robert J Hodge
Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2008 1:36 PM
To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] U-matic audio mastering

Sony offered a PCM(?) based device for just this function- I can't
remember the model number. It used the video headwheel to record the
signal in the same format as the video but without the video, of course.
I feel as thought I could have once written a book on maintaining Sony
U-matic machines as I did it for so long in a previous employment
situation.
Especially when it came to inter machine compatibility after the
machines componentry aged.

When I left the department around 2003, sticky shed had begun to raise
its' ugly head. Not that the two had anything to do with each other.
We used Fuji and 3m tape.

R.Hodge