[ARSCLIST] U-matic audio mastering

Hello all,

For a curriculum module for NYU's Moving Image Archiving and Preservation program, I'm researching the use of and preservation issues related to 3/4" U-Matic videotape. As part of the research, I'm also looking into U-matic's use as an audio mastering format.

If there's anyone on the list who's had experience with the format--either during its days as a master format, or remastering material today from U-matic sources, I'd appreciate it if you contacted me off-list for a few questions.

Thanks in advance,

Jeff Martin
Washington, DC