Re: [ARSCLIST] CD-R question

CD-DA has two levels of error correction at the frame level. CD-ROM sectors
contain additional error correction, thus might be recoverable from more
significant damage.

CD-DA drives can compensate for uncorrectable errors by interpolation or
blanking, generating a few milliseconds of high distortion or silence.
Uncorrectable CD-ROM errors make the disc unreadable. Each have advantages
and disadvantages.

Jerry
Media Sciences, Inc.