Re: [ARSCLIST] CD-R question

Richard (and more so to Mr. Friedman),

Do we have any concrete expectations that CD drives will be available in 50 years? Please point me to the information that guarantees that, I would be happy to be reassured that CD drives will be available then. I tend to be much more pessimistic about hardware/ software availability given the 50-year target mentioned.

I think the context of Howard's question - "all other things being equal" is a gamble at best.

So, I do think that it is not as safe to leave a non-mainstream CD around in an archive.

I agree with your statement wholeheartedly.

Best,
John

John Spencer
BMS/ Chace LLC