[ARSCLIST] What brand of DVD/CD burners do people like nowadays

Hi All:

Sorry in advance for the cross-posts.

The POS Philips burner in my Dell computer made what I hope will soon be its last coaster. I'd like to upgrade to something more reliable and less picky about what media it will burn.

I've always had good luck with Plextor but I think someone on ARSC list said Plextor no longer makes their own drives and thus quality has gone down, or something to that effect.

So, for listmembers who recently bought a DVD/CD burner, and are happy with it, what kind do you have?

I should add, this would be an internal type, the SATA variety. This is Plextor's current entry:
http://www.plextor.com/english/products/px-810sa.html

My main uses are making audio CD's and data DVDR's, with an occasional data CDR thrown in the mix and occasional copy of a video DVD in the mix.

I use Roxio 7 as my main software but will probably also install Sony's Red Book authoring software on this computer to ease some workflow out of the studio computers.

-- Tom Fine