Re: [ARSCLIST] Hatto, etc.

Eric Goldberg wrote:

> Sales were not restricted to the US. There was a Mikado, possibly from one of
these sources, with a cast including Martyn Green, which was issued on Allegro.
The same instrumental performance appeared behind a version in German, or so I
recall.

Wasn't this the recording with Richard Korn conducting? HE WAS SO CREDITED.

Richard Korn conducted at the New York College of Music when I was there and he represented that he had conducted that recording. I have to unearth the recording but I believe that James Pease was among the singers on that album.

Eric Goldberg

Richard Korn did 3 albums of American music for Allegro, including some world premieres and some performances that are still the only recordings (I think), and HE was credited, but the orchestra was boldly identified as the PHILHARMONIA. Somehow they neglected to include the word "Hamburg". I still prefer his "Krazy Kat", abbreviated as it is.

dl