Re: [ARSCLIST] Hatto, etc.

I always thought the "Philharmonia" on those Halo Lps was not the same one as recorded for EMI.A search for "Hambug Philharmonia" only leads to references to the old Lps.Was there such an orchestra,that actually performed in public ? Were  the Korn recordings of other composer's works reissued,like on Halo or "Gramophone"?
                                              Roger

David Lennick <dlennick@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Richard Korn did 3 albums of American music for Allegro, including some world
premieres and some performances that are still the only recordings (I think),
and HE was credited, but the orchestra was boldly identified as the
PHILHARMONIA. Somehow they neglected to include the word "Hamburg". I still
prefer his "Krazy Kat", abbreviated as it is.

dl

Catch up on fall's hot new shows on Yahoo! TV.  Watch previews, get listings, and more!