Re: [ARSCLIST] Cedar

On 26 maj 2007, at 23.24, Graham Newton wrote:

At the time I was considering changing my 3 stand alone series 2 CEDAR boxes to the Cambridge environment a few years ago, I had the full Cube-Tec system to test for about a month over the Christmas holidays. I was sufficiently impressed with it that had Cube-Tec been willing to cut me a deal where I acquired their equivalent processes to the ones I already had, I would have moved over to their system.
However, they refused point blank to make any arrangement, and CEDAR being in the catbird seat, offered equivalent processes in Cambridge which cemented the deal, and effectively locked out Cube- Tec. Frankly in retrospect, I'm glad I stayed with CEDAR.

(Sorry for delayed response). I guess it is difficult as on one hand it would be "good sales PR" for them to do that, they perhaps don't benefit as much financially doing it. I don't yet know their detailed prices so if they are cheaper overall to CEDAR maybe their margins are lower. Some form of accommodation though would have been good. I guess the cost to offer it to CEDAR was lower though and thus easier.

They are anyway at http://woof.terva.net/audiosample/ presently.

I tried to access them only to be told with any of them:-

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /audiosample/78-swedish-elp transfer.wav on this server.

I think there was a permission problem I have fixed now.

Thanks, Darren

---
Darren Ingram (darren at ingram.fi / www.ingram.fi)
Provider of many things including research, media, innovation and consultancy services.

"Insert pointless, humo(u)rless quotation and ASCII art here"
"Insert lengthy, boring and meaningless corporate and copyright disclaimer here"