Re: [ARSCLIST] What is a Milk Box ? (was Moving Sound Recording Collections)

In a message dated 5/28/2007 8:12:49 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
stevenc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Well, in  the earliest days of mass delivery of milk to grocery stores,
metal crates  (made of a sort of very heavy wire) were used...and they,
themselves were  quite heavy. This would be mid-sixties and earlier,
and I think I still  have one among my massive archive of highly
miscellaneous  artifacts...!

...stevenc

I recall reading that Jim Walsh* kept his cylinders in such a milk  crate.

Don Chichester

* For those unfamiliar with the name, Jim Walsh wrote a monthly column in
Hobbies magazine for several decades.  I drive by his former house in  Vinton,
VA, at least once a week.  I never met him, however, as he had died  a few
years before we moved to nearby Roanoke.