Re: [ARSCLIST] Cedar

D P Ingram wrote:

Another list member as suggested the Cube-tec range of products as a possible alternative. What are your views (and those of anyone else) on them? http://www.cube-tec.com.
At the time I was considering changing my 3 stand alone series 2 CEDAR boxes to the Cambridge environment a few years ago, I had the full Cube-Tec system to test for about a month over the Christmas holidays. I was sufficiently impressed with it that had Cube-Tec been willing to cut me a deal where I acquired their equivalent processes to the ones I already had, I would have moved over to their system.
However, they refused point blank to make any arrangement, and CEDAR being in the catbird seat, offered equivalent processes in Cambridge which cemented the deal, and effectively locked out Cube-Tec. Frankly in retrospect, I'm glad I stayed with CEDAR.

You referred to your samples:
They are anyway at http://woof.terva.net/audiosample/ presently.

I tried to access them only to be told with any of them:-

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /audiosample/78-swedish-elp transfer.wav on this server.

... Graham Newton

World class professional services applied to tape or phonograph records for
consumers and re-releases, featuring CEDAR's CAMBRIDGE processes.