[ARSCLIST] Cedar

Hi All:

What is the /current/ view of the CEDAR AUDIO duo products?

A Google (R) reveals many older reviews that are perhaps not so current. Primary aim is to restore up old 78s etc but it should also be good for "newer" vinyl and tape (both compact casette and reel).

http://www.cedaraudio.com/products/duo/duo.html

As a Mac shop, presently ClickRepair (http://www.versiontracker.com/ dyn/moreinfo/macosx/27231) has been very good but obviously it has some limitations.

The "typical" problem with many computer programs, both on PC and Mac, is the GUI/design is somewhat "strange", a sort of dumbed down interface (cannot really explain what I mean, but large turney wheels and bubbles everywhere makes them look like a children's nursery set).

Cedar processed a couple of samples for me as a demo (I took some records off the shelf at random so not to influence the condition) and to be honest I didn't notice a dramatic change or improvement.

Thanks in advance !

---
Darren Ingram (darren at ingram.fi / www.ingram.fi)
Provider of many things including research, media, innovation and consultancy services.

"Insert pointless, humo(u)rless quotation and ASCII art here"
"Insert lengthy, boring and meaningless corporate and copyright disclaimer here"