[ARSCLIST] "CD ripper changer"?

I'm wondering if such a device exists, or if there is reasonably reliable/easy to use software that can create such a device:

A computer with 3 or more CD drives
Software that automatically "batch-rips" to MP3 one drive after the other, and allows the user to insert new discs in the finished drives, then checks for new discs and goes back down the line until it encounters an empty drive.

I have a client who wants to convert a large CD collection to his iPod without doing one disc at a time.

Input much appreciated. I assume such a setup would be very useful to some libraries and archives.

-- Tom Fine