From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
[mailto:ARSCLIST@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Tom Fine
Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2007 6:12 PM
To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ARSCLIST] "CD ripper changer"?

I'm wondering if such a device exists, or if there is reasonably
reliable/easy to use software that
can create such a device:

A computer with 3 or more CD drives
Software that automatically "batch-rips" to MP3 one drive after the other,
and allows the user to
insert new discs in the finished drives, then checks for new discs and goes
back down the line until
it encounters an empty drive.

I have a client who wants to convert a large CD collection to his iPod
without doing one disc at a
time.

Input much appreciated. I assume such a setup would be very useful to some
libraries and archives.

-- Tom Fine