Re: [ARSCLIST] The case for message boards.

Angie Dickinson Mickle wrote:

As I said in my last post, Yahoo groups does. I have no idea if there are other bulletin board programs that allow it. It is something to look into. I do want to make it clear that I am in NO WAY suggesting that this group even consider becoming a group on Yahoo!!! I swear that's where my husband's computer attracts virus. I only use them as an example of a board that is both a bulletin board and an email list.

The 'owner' of a Yahoo! group can configure it so that attachments are rejected. Since infections come as attachments (unwisely opened), such a group can be safe by design.

Among the advantages of a Yahoo! group (or a similar one offered by others) is that it provides space for files, for photos, and for links. The file space was recently increased to 100 MB, ample for any need I could see for our communication here and subject to control by the owner and moderator(s). A major advantage is the search function through the archives, though admittedly that is of little value until the group has been functioning for some time.

Mike
--
mrichter@xxxxxxx
http://www.mrichter.com/