[ARSCLIST] March issue of Black Grooves

The March issue of Black Grooves has now been posted at
www.blackgrooves.org.

This month we're giving you a sneak preview of the new Wynton Marsalis
CD scheduled for release later this week. As a follow up to our December
feature on New Orleans, we have the latest from soul queen Irma Thomas
as well as an overview of Scram Records, an obscure '60s label from the
Big Easy. Two new DVDs featuring Rob Swift and Roc Raida highlight the
art of the DJ and turntablism, and our resident rap expert takes a look
at the new release from Wu-Tang affiliate Hell Razah. An examination of
the sacred steel tradition is provided along with a review of Robert
Randolph & the Family Band's Colorblind. Also featured in this issue is
some vintage New York funk, some classic Chicago blues from Junior
Wells, Shirley Murdock's new gospel release, and Elisabeth Withers'
debut R&B album.

Brenda Nelson-Strauss

Head of Collections

Archives of African American Music and Culture

Indiana University

Smith Research Center, Suite 180

Bloomington, IN 47408

812-855-7530