Re: [ARSCLIST] "All hail the analogue revolution..."

On 22/09/06, Roger and Allison Kulp wrote:
> I like this quote "I think it's very possible might become obsolete,in
> an age of download music,the CD might become obsolete,but the vinyl
> record will survive." As someone who has never owned a CD,or a CD
> player,this just confirms what I have known,about this abysmal format
> for over 20 years.It's physically ugly to look at,unlike vinyl,and
> sounds like crap.No amount of tweaking;gold CDs, SACD,24 bit mastering
> (ROFL),ad nauseum,has been able to improve on an innately flawed
> format.I could have predicted the recording industry's current
> troubles,years ago,after placing all thier proverbial eggs in the CD
> basket.Why ? The CD was such garbage,that people would simply wake up
> to it over time.When the CD finally goes the way,of the equally
> maligned 8 Track,I for one will be celebrating.

Most of the CDs I have sound as good as my LPs or better. The SACDs are
much better than the LPs.

Only the 1980s CDs have poor sound, and not all of them.

There are of course some over-processed transfers from 78s, but this is
a matter of what market the disc is aimed at.

Regards
--
Don Cox
doncox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx