Re: [ARSCLIST] "All hail the analogue revolution..."

I like this quote "I think it's very possible might become obsolete,in an age of download music,the CD might become obsolete,but the vinyl record will survive."  As someone who has never owned a CD,or a CD player,this just confirms what I have known,about this abysmal format for over 20 years.It's physically ugly to look at,unlike vinyl,and sounds like crap.No amount of tweaking;gold CDs, SACD,24 bit mastering (ROFL),ad nauseum,has been able to improve on an innately flawed format.I could have predicted the recording industry's current troubles,years ago,after placing all thier proverbial eggs in the CD basket.Why ?  The CD was such garbage,that people would simply wake up to it over time.When the CD finally goes the way,of the equally maligned 8 Track,I for one will be celebrating.
                             Roger Kulp

Jonathan Wise <jonathan.wise@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: http://crave.cnet.co.uk/digitalmusic/0,39029432,49283730,00.htm

"...What pleasure is there to be had in clicking a virtual button with a
mouse? Very little, really. Whereas the slightly precarious operation of
placing a record on a platter and dropping the needle seems like a
surgical procedure of a kind that most modern automation has tried to
completely erase..."