Re: [ARSCLIST] 0.1 dB

Indeed. Try to repeat fluctuations exactly, and it really is pretty much humanly impossible.

Marcos

--On Saturday, March 25, 2006 10:18 PM -0500 steven c <stevenc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

----- Original Message -----
From: "Marcos Sueiro" <mls2137@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
I think we are saying the same thing. Again, I believe we are making
these minute changes because we can; and esp. because these days we can
recall many parameters. Musicians, producers and engineers --we are all
caught up in this (hey, it's even sort of fun!).

Consider tempo, for example, versus EQ. The former is unrepeatable (by
human musicians anyway) to minute resolutions, while the latter is. I'd
submit the former is far more important, but we change the latter,
because we can.

Yet, the number of human musicians who can actually play at EXACTLY the
same tempo throughout an entire song is either zero or slightly above
that! (And I have played in front of more drummers than I could count...)

Steven C. Barr

Marcos