Re: [ARSCLIST] Deejays--was: Brunswick Records rights/Universal

David Lennick wrote:

The CBC had a number of clear channels on the old AM band. CJBC could be picked
up in Florida (possible that it still can, but how many Francophones are down
there now?). CBL could be heard in Brooklyn. The Winnipeg station caught the
ear of an NBC exec in Chicago (when he left a message, I was terrified that I'd
been caught running old-time radio and was going to be dealt with..or offered a
job..neither of which occurred).

Clear channel ... old-time radio ... Crosley. Crosley sold radios without tuners; they were fixed to 770 AM (IIRC), WLW from Cincinnati. The radios were sold nationwide (probably Canada as well) since power was then uncontrolled and WLW could be heard from coast to coast at night given favorable conditions.

Mike
--
mrichter@xxxxxxx
http://www.mrichter.com/