Re: [ARSCLIST] Deejays--was: Brunswick Records rights/Universal

steven c wrote:

Of course, your
fully-automated station better have at least one human being available...
if Bin Laden suicide-bombs the county courthouse, that won't be covered
in your pre-recorded programming (unless something VERY fishy is going
on...)

Fishy? I can't say, but there are stations in the rural United States that are manned only by an engineer. Local weather (and what news they cannot avoid) are supplied by a regional studio. I have seen reports of listeners surprised to discover that their 'local' newscaster was tens or hundreds of miles away - and was equally local to several other stations in the region.

The local deejay is losing ground to the national as well as to recorded announcements.

Mike
--
mrichter@xxxxxxx
http://www.mrichter.com/