Re: [ARSCLIST] creating access cd's

On 25/01/06, Angie Dickinson Mickle wrote:
> Lou Judson wrote:
>> Well, I have been a professional in audio for 40 years, and started
>> digital on Macs with Protoools in 1995. If you are aware of things
>> like using dedicated drives for audio, not recording to your startup
>> drives, how to maintain digital audio purity by avoiding destructive
>> operations, and the like you'll be fine. It seems that none of the
>> windows audio people ever mention any of this!
>
> Maybe it isn't mentioned because we "windows audio people" consider it
> common knowledge. For someone new to digital recording, it may not be.
>
> A drive used for only audio doesn't necessarily have to be an external
> drive, just another drive in the system other than the C drive.

A physically different drive, not just another partition on the same
drive as C:

It is IMO best also to keep programs on a separate partition, not in C:
- but this can be on the same physical drive.

One of the biggest nuisances in Windows is that you cannot simply back
up C: in any simple way. Being used to the Amigas, where you can simply
copy all the files on the system partition to a CD, I find this
tiresome.

>  I've
> been using ide and scsi drives to record multi-track audio since 1995.
> It has only been in the last few years that I started using firewire.
> And that has really only been for convenience.

Regards
--
Don Cox
doncox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx