Re: [ARSCLIST] Other memorable record stores

Since we are naming good used audio media stores, the best one I have ever come across is the Black and Read here in Arvada, Colorado. Very nice vinyl there.

The only other used record stores I've frequented were in the Chicago suburbs. Beverly records in Cicero was(is?) a nice one and there was one in Downers Grove that was just OK though I usually found what I was looking for.

Angie Dickinson Mickle
www.avocadoproductions.com

Mike Richter wrote:
Tom Fine wrote:

This may be like throwing acid in someone's face, so apologies in advance,
but does anyone else here prowl used CD racks? I've always had very good
luck in Chicago.

Also, I have a question for you guys who prowl the used vinyl stacks. Do you
often find decent quality?

If you should find yourself in Southern California some day, please get in touch. I'll introduce you to Record Surplus, a shop about a mile from my home which specializes in used recordings in all media. Books, videotape and DVDs are included, but the bulk of the space is occupied by records and CDs. Perhaps 8000 square feet downstairs (50% LP, 40% CD, 10% other media), another 1000 upstairs of bargain LPs.

They have had other shops, but I believe both the Chicago and Honolulu outlets have been closed. This one is thriving with excellent stock and reasonable prices.

Mike