Re: [ARSCLIST] obituary - Franz Jolowicz, Discophile NYC

In a message dated 12/8/2005 12:10:47 AM Eastern Standard Time,
punto@xxxxxxxx writes:

> Even the little village of
> Hempstead where I graduated from HS in 68 had its Radio City Records,
> presided over by "Swede" and I still have some of the (mostly mono - we
> only owned one speaker and my parents remained skeptical on the stereo
> issue well into the 80s and beyond) albums bearing its rubber-stamped
> name, address and phone number on  them.

I worked in that store in the mid-'50s!  That was Swede Olsen, whose wife
Karen worked there, too. Swede and I did some community theatre with Lantern
Theatre on LI for several years, until I graduated from Hofstra.  They live in
retirement in Florida.
It was ar the Hempstead Salvation Army that I met Bob Colton who introduced
me to 'Record Research'; they were on issue no. 2!

Don Chichester